Skip to main content

The Seven Saga! (Part I)

Written 12/22/03
(This was written on my birthday)
Well, I'm 31 today. Of course, I feel that I'm not where I should be in life for my age already but the one thing that I am able to embrace is my experiences from the past 31 years. You would think that I was 50 the way I say, 'I feel old!'. But sometimes I wonder if I'm just tired because the game is getting old?
The things that are occurring between Seven and I have been horrible if you want to classify our situation as a "relationship". It's hard for me to consider us exclusive when neither one of us act as if we have a better half. Between the girls voice on his voice mail message, the pictures of women that I've found, and his toiletrie list that he left on his dresser that included condoms (which we never used) I can only assume that he is living his life as a bachelor. I cannot tell a lie..........it's not as if my personal behavior has been at its best. I also would go on dinner dates outside of our relationship and I have gone on at least two carribbean vacations, one with Gad and one with Mr. Valentine, since him and I have been dating but that doesn't make his extra cirricular affairs any easier on my heart. I believe that the difference between him and I is that I am more mindful of his feelings than he is of mine. Why put up with his behavior at my age? Not only that, but since Seven has been home from jail, he has been struggling financially. It seemed as if he has been unwilling to let go of the "street dream". Hoping that one day he will be able to return to his previous days of drug dealing and won't have to deal with the stress and strain of todays financial burdens. It has been close to two years since he's been home. Then when he finally succombs to the idea of working and starts going on interviews; the "Coke Fairy" pays him a visit.
Just yesterday I watched him count over $12,000 in cash, when the day before he only had $12.00! I thought to myself ........."This should be better. Once the money starts rolling in, my life will be less stressful." Yeah, that was two seconds before I saw the word "condom" on his "Things To Buy" list. Then, on my way home from his mother's house, I began to re-evaluate my life: "Is this really what I want to be involved in? Is it possible that I could again become a hustler's main girl? Am I really ready to deal with all the shit that I have supposedly outgrown?" I don't know?
And now holidays and birthdays will be filled with lovely gifts and material items but the position of lonliness is already lowering down on my shoulders. Now instead of him being stuck in the house and stressed, he always has to "take care of something". What's the difference between him being home and him being busy? My subconcious knows he's not around! Seven is no longer at my fingertips for a phone conversation or to take long rides in the car. Stuff that was considered "small things" were the things that actually made us closer. I respect his position and I want to live life financially stress free, as he does, but the questions that continue to haunt me are: "Will I be emptier than before? Why do I feel the need to make other additions in my life in order to feel fulfilled?" If Seven and I aren't together and all of my girlfriends are unavailable, why do I desire to be in the company of another man?........To receive the attention of others? A man who will get pushed right out of the way, as soon as Seven has time for me again. Why am I putting myself through this emotional abuse? Why do I always measure my self worth when it comes to him? I really hate myself for that! I am so strong yet so weak at the same time. I don't like that I constantly badger myself about what is going on outside of my immediate circle. Just as Seven conditioned himself for survival in the street, I must condition myself for survival on "the other side of the game"! I keep reminding myself that just as I have had to repeatedly make the decision to love him or leave him alone; he too will have to make the decision to love me or leave me alone once he finds out the truth regarding my past when my writing is finally published. It seems weird that all of these feelings, emotions, and empathy exsist and he doesn't have a clue. Sometimes I think I'm mental, like if he really knew my true feelings, he would think I was 'drawin' or trippin' out'! But to me I'm empty and hurt and trying to find ways to mend my feelings.......trying to find ways to justify everything that's going on in my life. I say, "How can I feel some type of way about what he does when I'm not putting in the relationship what I want to get out of it?" Or maybe it's just that I can't trust him because I, myself, can't be trusted!?!?!
Note: If the signs are there...........Why ignore them?

Comments

  1. Girl, I am with you about the signs being there but I always seem to ignore them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Velvet- Yeah, I do believe that my acceptance of the signs when I see them today is one of the BEST lessons I have learned so far!

    @Michele-I know! I could feel my pain all over again as I read through these pages:(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning!

(Written April 5, 2000) Let's see..................I really dont know where to begin. This was my life on the "other side of the game". What game? The street game. Drugs, money, sex, lies and extortion! No, I wasn't a dealer and I only used on occasion but what excited me was the thrill. The thrill of being involved with a man of power. A man who knew what he wanted out of life and would stop at nothing to get it! That was such a turn on for me.......it seems crazy but that's how I liked it. It started when I was about 15. My best friend Camille was dating a guy, that had a friend, who wanted to meet somebody. You see, these guys were older than us. You know at 15 you think that means that they know more than you. They were "gettin' money"! And that was what I wanted. An older nigga that could spoil me and teach me what I needed to know about the "streets" and sex! You never asked any of them of their profession.......you just knew! An

"I" Message!

(Written sometime in 2003) “I” Message: I feel like a whore again! Had sex and left alone….Again! The xanax for my nerves led me to the countless glasses of champagne and then comes the lust for sex. The enemy was caving in on me and I succumb to my desires of the flesh only to feel like a whore….Again! The same whore he had called me so many times in the past. But now I honestly see why Gad treats me like that…. I’m acting like one! I’m there to satisfy his needs but when it comes time for real life then he can’t handle it. I have to love myself enough to know that I cannot let him continue to defile my body to fill some lustful desire. Keep in mind that all through the night at dinner, during those countless glasses of champagne we consumed, he was using words like “we” and “when I do this for you”. You know, all the phrases needed to make a girl smile and attracted at the same time. But you would think that after six years, two abortions and endless emotional abuse he would mean wha

9 Months of Clarity

This is from the collection of entries I wrote while I was pregnant...Hence the title. This one is a really hard one to share because I feel like I'm standing naked emotionally in these pages. Eeeeeek! (Written 9/02/11)     So, when I found out that I was pregnant.....after taking THREE pregnancy tests......Because I couldn't believe it.......I just KNEW there were going to be some natural disasters in the world. Why did I think there would be natural disasters? Well, the thought of me being someones mother for one! Second, I'm the popular girl with a free spirit who was NEVER tied down with a baby! I've done my share of babysitting but never on a Friday night, if you know what I'm saying! Wouldn't you know that I found out on 8/22/11 and then we had an earthquake on 8/23/11, in Philadelphia no less. We never have earthquakes! But that's not it........Then came Hurricane Irene on 8/28/11. I'd say that was proof enough that this news would shock the