Skip to main content

"I" Message!


(Written sometime in 2003)
“I” Message:
I feel like a whore again! Had sex and left alone….Again! The xanax for my nerves led me to the countless glasses of champagne and then comes the lust for sex. The enemy was caving in on me and I succumb to my desires of the flesh only to feel like a whore….Again! The same whore he had called me so many times in the past. But now I honestly see why Gad treats me like that…. I’m acting like one! I’m there to satisfy his needs but when it comes time for real life then he can’t handle it. I have to love myself enough to know that I cannot let him continue to defile my body to fill some lustful desire. Keep in mind that all through the night at dinner, during those countless glasses of champagne we consumed, he was using words like “we” and “when I do this for you”. You know, all the phrases needed to make a girl smile and attracted at the same time. But you would think that after six years, two abortions and endless emotional abuse he would mean what he’s saying at least once.
What am I waiting for? He is NOT going to change and taking into consideration that he hasn’t been able to change within six years, I have to know that it’s time to move on and stop tormenting myself by allowing him to slowly chip away at my self esteem.
I have loved before, even though it’s been a while since I’ve been in a “normal” relationship. Whatever that is? When I wasn’t scared to love, would do anything for my partner and felt that same love reciprocated. I do know what true love feels like, so I’ll wait for God to send him to me. If God sends him then I know that he will be more perfect than any man I could ever pick on my own and until then I must focus on becoming whole. [Fact: Lust between one of two parties will impede the ability of friendship.] Friendship is defined as: Intimacy resting on mutual esteem.

Comments

  1. niggas definitely will do what you let them. we have all fallen victim of the champagne LUST a time or two...lol... and dont we all crave the eminent tragedy of loving an emotionally unavailible man? ;) luvz it.. keep'em comin boo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea of creating a blog and look forward to reading future excerpts! Btw, if you do end up publishing a book, you better give me your autograph! :) -Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx Vanessa! I was a little nervous because I know my writing is so honest but your one comment has just confirmed for me what I need to know! You got it, Ma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michele- I cant take the credit.....One of my girlfriends balled me out for just sitting on this material that I have written ages ago and explained that in 2009 I can put my work out there in any kind of form! Thanks for supporting me and of course you can get an autograph!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I'm intrigued!!!!!!!!! More, more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jahara, I would like to say thank you for opening up your life to us. I pray that it will help someone out here who may feel like giving up. It is amazing how so many people may be going through something and thinking it is just them when it isn't.
    May God continue to bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay Jai. I can't wait until 2000divinetime when you blow up yo. You are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok Jai!! Dooooo that!! I'm luvn it! Your testimony will help save many young women who find themselves caught up! Keep doin whatcha doin ma! Luv u! <3
    BTW - this is Steph that used to work at Platinum! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Nell, I love you with ALL my heart and you know this!
    @ Steph- I know who you are, Ma Ma! LOL! But thank you for your encouraging words and I love you too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning!

(Written April 5, 2000) Let's see..................I really dont know where to begin. This was my life on the "other side of the game". What game? The street game. Drugs, money, sex, lies and extortion! No, I wasn't a dealer and I only used on occasion but what excited me was the thrill. The thrill of being involved with a man of power. A man who knew what he wanted out of life and would stop at nothing to get it! That was such a turn on for me.......it seems crazy but that's how I liked it. It started when I was about 15. My best friend Camille was dating a guy, that had a friend, who wanted to meet somebody. You see, these guys were older than us. You know at 15 you think that means that they know more than you. They were "gettin' money"! And that was what I wanted. An older nigga that could spoil me and teach me what I needed to know about the "streets" and sex! You never asked any of them of their profession.......you just knew! An

9 Months of Clarity

This is from the collection of entries I wrote while I was pregnant...Hence the title. This one is a really hard one to share because I feel like I'm standing naked emotionally in these pages. Eeeeeek! (Written 9/02/11)     So, when I found out that I was pregnant.....after taking THREE pregnancy tests......Because I couldn't believe it.......I just KNEW there were going to be some natural disasters in the world. Why did I think there would be natural disasters? Well, the thought of me being someones mother for one! Second, I'm the popular girl with a free spirit who was NEVER tied down with a baby! I've done my share of babysitting but never on a Friday night, if you know what I'm saying! Wouldn't you know that I found out on 8/22/11 and then we had an earthquake on 8/23/11, in Philadelphia no less. We never have earthquakes! But that's not it........Then came Hurricane Irene on 8/28/11. I'd say that was proof enough that this news would shock the