Skip to main content

Fair Exchange is No Robbery!

(Written 4/27/00)
You would think after all that shit he put me through I would be rid of Marcel by now but not likely. It was summertime and my mom kicked me out of the house again. She must have kicked me out once a year, so this was no different than before with the exception that she took my keys this time. I was dating Big Man strong at the time so I called him to tell him that I didn’t have anywhere to stay. I knew that he wasn’t going to offer me a place with him because he was a baller. That would cramp his style. He told me to find somewhere to stay and let him know how much it cost. So I looked at an apartment in Chestnut Hill Village because I was familiar with that complex. My credit was for shit because after I left Marcel and took the car, I had to neglect all of my credit card bills in order to maintain the car not and insurance. So, when I went to fill out the application, I went with that Philly cap and gift of gab. I explained to them that my credit was bad and offered to pay six months rent to secure my stay there. I went as far as to tell them that they could forward the payment to the LAST six months of my lease so that I would have to pay them month to month for the first six months I stayed there. Of course they accepted that deal. What complex wouldn’t? Cash makes the world go round, credit don’t really mean shit…. Well, not to me anyway! They told me that I would need $4600 to close the deal and I called Big Man to let him know. He told me to come to West Philly to pick up the money and I was set. After I signed the lease I didn’t move in right away cause I was staying at Ty’s house while her mom was on vacation. There was no rush to move my stuff in there. I came home for lunch one day from work so that I could call the phone company and such to get all the necessary stuff turned on in the apartment. Then the unthinkable happened……….
….The lady at the phone company asked me if I wanted to transfer my existing service or if I wanted a new number? I said, “What existing service?” and she proceeded to give me Marcel’s address. On top of that she told me that there was a back, long distance bill of like $300! I told her that the phone was supposed to be transferred into someone else’s name and she insisted that the request was made for the number to be changed but not the name on the account. I was mad as shit! Flamin’ like a mutha fucka is more like it! It’s been over a year since Marcel and I parted ways and this stinkin’ ass bitch is still managing to fuck up my life! He told me that he had taken care of it but that turned out to be some bullshit. When I was on my way back to work, a school bus was changing lanes without seeing me on his blind side and forced me into the median. The whole driver’s side of my car was fucked up. The bus kept going and I just pulled over to the shoulder and cried. This day was getting worse by the minute. I couldn’t return to work after that because I was shook. I went to Camille’s house, she was about 8 months pregnant then and was on maternity leave so I knew that she would be home. She could see that I was a wreck when she answered the door. She said, “What the fuck happened to your car?” I told her the story and explained the shit about the phone bill. Camille said that I should call Marcel and ask him for the money for the phone bill. I did so but there was no answer so I decided to get dirty after that. I called his grandmother’s house in Baltimore, where he usually was, to see if he was there and he was but I hung up the phone before he got to it. I then called the rental office to see if it was possible for me to retrieve some of my belongings from the apartment, even though I didn’t live there any longer. They asked me if my name was on the lease and I told them that I was the PRIMARY name on it so they said as long as I had the proper identification to prove who I was, then I could get in there. I would just have to enter the security code so that the alarm wouldn’t go off. I agreed and they told me that they would have someone meet me at the apartment at 7:00pm. I called Ty and Chanel and asked them to meet Camille and me there at 7pm and it was on! When I got there I had to sign these papers saying that I was entering the property and so forth but I didn’t know the security code. You see, when I was living there the alarm system was just being installed and it wasn’t completed before I moved out so I never knew what the code was. The guy told me that when the alarm sounded the police would automatically come out and I would have to explain the situation to them. I didn’t have a problem with that so he let us in. When we walked through that door I began to have feelings of anger. We started our search and seizure process and tore shit up! I found drug paraphernalia inside the coffee maker, letters from bitches and I even found tampons in the bathroom! I began to realize that I was still hurt after coming across all this shit I was finding. I found graduation pictures of the bitch I beat up and I tore them mutha fuckas in half and threw em’ on the floor! Believe it or not, I also found audiotapes of him fuckin’ other bitches! This guy was incredible. Then the cops knocked on the door. They were two, young, black cops and we were four, badass, young bitches. What more could we ask for? I began to explain my situation to them and they were cool with it. I told them about the shit I found in the coffee maker and wanted to know if that would incriminate him in any way. I wanted to put this mutha fucka in jail or something so that he would hurt as much as I did. From the looks of the shit I was finding, he was havin’ a good ol’ time without me around. They began to tell me that it would be in my best interest to discard the drug paraphernalia that I found because my name was on the lease and that could implicate me as well but if I found a gun or something then action could be taken. One of the policemen liked Chanel and gave her his pager number. That was an added bonus for us. The cops assisted us in taking apart some of the bedroom furniture and then they left. After that I went into the closet and started putting all of his “good” clothes in a pile, I gave them to Chanel and told her to pass them off to her younger brother. I also gave her Marcel’s Nintendo 64 video game set with all the added joysticks and video games. Camille and Ty both won VCR’s fully equipped with remotes and movies. I took a painting, the t.v. and the mini stereo component system. I left the bedroom furniture cause I didn’t want it. There was no tellin’ how many bitches he slept with on there but I did consider taking the cream leather couch and that bangin’ ass coffee table we got from Somnia. Chanel called her cousin to bring his truck over so that we could get the couch out of there and when we went to move the couch……Bingo! There was a gun under the couch! We hurried up and paged the cop since Chanel had the number. I kept thinking that Marcel was gonna come home and catch us and I would have to shoot him with that gun we found but it never happened. Anyway, the cop finally called back and we told him what we found. They came back to the apartment to retrieve the gun and asked for typical demographic information about Marcel. You best believe that I gave them everything they asked for and then some. I know all the niggas readin’ this are sayin’, “That’s shady!” But I don’t think so. I never called the police when we got into a physical altercation and he stomped me. I never called the police when that mutha fucka took my car and didn’t come back all weekend. I never called the police when he fucked me and I begged him not to…so what? I had been through alot of shit! I know the streets and I don’t play dirty with the cops and shit like that but that nigga was jeopardizin’ my shit. My name was on that phone and I had a back bill from long distance shit. Fuck him, I hated that nigga! If you want to think it’s shady, so be it. You can love me just don’t cross me! I’m not talking about with other broads and shit that stuff happens. I’m talking about my personal shit. Don’t try and fuck me over cause it will come back on you. When we were done rummaging through all his shit and I mean ALL his shit…….I looked around and said, “I would love to be a fly on the wall to see his face when he walks through this door.” When I got outside I went to the dumpster and trashed all the stuff that was in the coffee maker and then me and the girls went to the bar to have a drink. That was a Friday. Since Ty’s mom was coming back on Sunday, I called Big Man on Saturday and told him that I had to move in that apartment. I had the place for over a week and never went in there. It was empty, as it wanted to be. He told me to bring him a set of keys and he would take care of the furniture. That was at 12pm. Me, Ty and Sue went to the apartment at 6pm and the whole fuckin place was furnished, from the den to the bedroom. The furniture was bad as shit! The living room was all cream leather with the 60 some odd inch t.v. full with VCR and cable. I thought, “Fuck Marcel, I don’t even need his couch!” (ha,ha) Then the bedroom set was unimaginable! It was a hunter green marble. The headboard to the bed took up the whole wall. It was one big ass mirror almost as tall as the ceiling. The bed was a water bed but not the regular kind. It was a regular mattress but the top zipped off and there were single tubes of water inside of it. It was a platform bed with built in lights underneath the bitch! It was bad! The dresser had a mirror on it that was like a half circle. The armoire was tall as shit too and everything was set upon these huge gold posts! It was right out of Scarface I’m telling you! I asked Big where he got the furniture from and he told me the furniture store. He was such a smart ass. That was cool though cause I didn’t really need to know where it came from as long as I had it already. The best part of it all was that the girl Sue that was with Ty and me was also a mutual friend of that little bitch I beat up over Marcel. So, I knew that all of that information was being passed right along to my arch rival, who in turn was tellin that nut ass nigga Marcel. This is actually how I know about the other half of the story: When Marcel came home he was mad as shit! He even went as far as trying to file a police report saying that I robbed him and he wanted to press charges. He knew I had been there cause I signed papers to that affect so it didn’t take a rocket scientist. It just so happened that the cop he was trying to file a report with was a friend of the cops who came out to the apartment that night. The officer noticed his friends’ names on the report that they handed in for the incident when they came out for the alarm going off. He put a call into them to see what had happened that day. When they explained everything that was going on, the officer hung up the phone, went back over to Marcel and told him, “Unless you want me to run prints on that gun we found and check it for a body you might want to just chalk this up as a loss.” YES! That was my revenge and there was nothing he could do about it. That stupid ass young girl called Sue and asked her why did I take all of Marcel’s stuff. Since Sue only knew what I wanted her to know, all she said to her was, “She didn’t take that stuff! Big Man just furnished a whole entire apartment for her. She doesn’t even need his shit!” That was the best! The ultimate revenge with no means of retaliation. I haven’t seen Marcel since I moved out. So, through all that police shit and trashin’ his place I never saw him and if I did it probably wouldn’t be a pretty picture. I had a dream recently about Marcel. It was really crazy too. ‘I saw him at this party and he asked me if I wanted to go home with him. I went and he was kissing me. He started taking off my clothes and we laid down on the bed. The whole time in my head I heard myself screaming, NOOOOOOOO but the actions were still taking place. We started having sex and I was crying but I wasn’t pushing him off of me. I was hugging him but I was crying and I didn’t really want that shit to go down. What do you think that means????

Comments

  1. I think it is an example of how our Flesh and Spirit is constantly in battle with one another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I missed how this started, that was a juicy one. Still thinking what that dream could mean, hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No idea what the dream meant but it seemed to want to speak volumes for something! Im still not sure what that something is???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"I" Message!

(Written sometime in 2003) “I” Message: I feel like a whore again! Had sex and left alone….Again! The xanax for my nerves led me to the countless glasses of champagne and then comes the lust for sex. The enemy was caving in on me and I succumb to my desires of the flesh only to feel like a whore….Again! The same whore he had called me so many times in the past. But now I honestly see why Gad treats me like that…. I’m acting like one! I’m there to satisfy his needs but when it comes time for real life then he can’t handle it. I have to love myself enough to know that I cannot let him continue to defile my body to fill some lustful desire. Keep in mind that all through the night at dinner, during those countless glasses of champagne we consumed, he was using words like “we” and “when I do this for you”. You know, all the phrases needed to make a girl smile and attracted at the same time. But you would think that after six years, two abortions and endless emotional abuse he would mean wha

The Beginning!

(Written April 5, 2000) Let's see..................I really dont know where to begin. This was my life on the "other side of the game". What game? The street game. Drugs, money, sex, lies and extortion! No, I wasn't a dealer and I only used on occasion but what excited me was the thrill. The thrill of being involved with a man of power. A man who knew what he wanted out of life and would stop at nothing to get it! That was such a turn on for me.......it seems crazy but that's how I liked it. It started when I was about 15. My best friend Camille was dating a guy, that had a friend, who wanted to meet somebody. You see, these guys were older than us. You know at 15 you think that means that they know more than you. They were "gettin' money"! And that was what I wanted. An older nigga that could spoil me and teach me what I needed to know about the "streets" and sex! You never asked any of them of their profession.......you just knew! An

9 Months of Clarity

This is from the collection of entries I wrote while I was pregnant...Hence the title. This one is a really hard one to share because I feel like I'm standing naked emotionally in these pages. Eeeeeek! (Written 9/02/11)     So, when I found out that I was pregnant.....after taking THREE pregnancy tests......Because I couldn't believe it.......I just KNEW there were going to be some natural disasters in the world. Why did I think there would be natural disasters? Well, the thought of me being someones mother for one! Second, I'm the popular girl with a free spirit who was NEVER tied down with a baby! I've done my share of babysitting but never on a Friday night, if you know what I'm saying! Wouldn't you know that I found out on 8/22/11 and then we had an earthquake on 8/23/11, in Philadelphia no less. We never have earthquakes! But that's not it........Then came Hurricane Irene on 8/28/11. I'd say that was proof enough that this news would shock the