Skip to main content

My Personal Journey.......(continued)

I am so befuddled at how tragic my circumstances and mental were a little over a decade ago. When I read these entries back to myself.......sometimes I sound like a broken record but that may only be because I've changed tremendously. If I had not changed everything would still sound the same today and instead of shaking my head at my sadness, I would still agree with the words I wrote making it impossible for me to share them!

(Written 1/06/03)

    A new year but the same problems! Only the strong survive, all is fair in love and war, love is a battlefield, survival of the fittest.....all of these sayings describe this game of love that I am now playing. Is it worth fighting for or do I give up and just walk away? I can't continue to live my life this way because I am really losing focus on what it is that I need to do. I feel relieved when I write and I can honestly say that I have a passion for it but obviously my passion for writing cannot overcome my passion for men. I can't play this game anymore. I love him but I can't be hurt again and what I need is someone to love me so much that I am enough for them.....they love me like no other and want to be with only me. I can't be placed against the affection of another woman and be expected to just shrug my shoulders.Where is that going to get me emotionally? I have to keep myself occupied to prevent from calling just to see if he's available. The rejection I can't deal with......that's not a Capricorn thing.....rejection. And the crazy thing is that I know it's a game and because I love him and love his company and I love the way he smells and the way he looks when he smiles at me, but is any of that worth my pride or my sanity? Somedays I think it is but most times I'm not so sure. If our situation were to change financially I wonder how different things would be between us? Would he still be a ladies man? Would I still care if I could now be compensated? And the best question yet....Why even deal with any of it when you could find someone else who loves you more? 'Be strong', I say to myself and I'll survive this like I have so many other things in my life but also as I read all of my past entries I see how I have always reflected on the Lord and His unfailing guidance. And all of this makes me stop and think: What am I supposed to go through now to make me wiser for tomorrow? The abortion was rough but I think it was the better choice for right now and sometimes I feel like keeping the baby would have helped me to win this fake ass competition that I have recently been placed in. I will embellish and stop being so precocious. I will become successful and without paying a terrible price for it. I would like to just up and move and start over somewhere without all the emotional clutter. God, grant me the wisdom I need to survive emotionally, physically and spiritually!

Lesson Learned: Most things lost were on me wanting and desiring love so bad that I was willing to compromise myself and my beliefs. Nothing good came of any of my antics until I was compliant enough to really take a look at myself and my life and the parts that I played in every affair I was involved in......only then was I able to make changes! Awareness is everything. If you can be at least aware of your participation in the intricacies of your emotions, then you are aware enough to fix yourself. And you know what I figured out? That person that I was longing for to love me unconditionally was ME! I didn't make any progress toward change until I allowed myself to reciprocate love inward. Only then was I capable of finding any healthy love outside of myself. How could I have expected someone to love me if I didn't first love myself???? I had to love myself enough to know that I was way bigger than the crap that I was dealing with.....and if there was a ton of  money involved then I would have become intentionally jaded and if I had moved away, I would have taken my broken self with me. Thank you God for making me begin with ME!

Comments

  1. After reading this you have given me hope that I can love MYSELF unconditionally. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how open and honest your entries are. Raw and uncut, I love it and I love you! Keep shining sugerplum its your destiny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why am I just seeing these comments a year and some change later? Well, all recent roads are leading to finishing this thing once and for all! It's about time, ain't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why am I just seeing these comments a year and some change later? Well, all recent roads are leading to finishing this thing once and for all! It's about time, ain't it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"I" Message!

(Written sometime in 2003) “I” Message: I feel like a whore again! Had sex and left alone….Again! The xanax for my nerves led me to the countless glasses of champagne and then comes the lust for sex. The enemy was caving in on me and I succumb to my desires of the flesh only to feel like a whore….Again! The same whore he had called me so many times in the past. But now I honestly see why Gad treats me like that…. I’m acting like one! I’m there to satisfy his needs but when it comes time for real life then he can’t handle it. I have to love myself enough to know that I cannot let him continue to defile my body to fill some lustful desire. Keep in mind that all through the night at dinner, during those countless glasses of champagne we consumed, he was using words like “we” and “when I do this for you”. You know, all the phrases needed to make a girl smile and attracted at the same time. But you would think that after six years, two abortions and endless emotional abuse he would mean wha

The Beginning!

(Written April 5, 2000) Let's see..................I really dont know where to begin. This was my life on the "other side of the game". What game? The street game. Drugs, money, sex, lies and extortion! No, I wasn't a dealer and I only used on occasion but what excited me was the thrill. The thrill of being involved with a man of power. A man who knew what he wanted out of life and would stop at nothing to get it! That was such a turn on for me.......it seems crazy but that's how I liked it. It started when I was about 15. My best friend Camille was dating a guy, that had a friend, who wanted to meet somebody. You see, these guys were older than us. You know at 15 you think that means that they know more than you. They were "gettin' money"! And that was what I wanted. An older nigga that could spoil me and teach me what I needed to know about the "streets" and sex! You never asked any of them of their profession.......you just knew! An

9 Months of Clarity

This is from the collection of entries I wrote while I was pregnant...Hence the title. This one is a really hard one to share because I feel like I'm standing naked emotionally in these pages. Eeeeeek! (Written 9/02/11)     So, when I found out that I was pregnant.....after taking THREE pregnancy tests......Because I couldn't believe it.......I just KNEW there were going to be some natural disasters in the world. Why did I think there would be natural disasters? Well, the thought of me being someones mother for one! Second, I'm the popular girl with a free spirit who was NEVER tied down with a baby! I've done my share of babysitting but never on a Friday night, if you know what I'm saying! Wouldn't you know that I found out on 8/22/11 and then we had an earthquake on 8/23/11, in Philadelphia no less. We never have earthquakes! But that's not it........Then came Hurricane Irene on 8/28/11. I'd say that was proof enough that this news would shock the